Friday, November 2, 2012

Gratitude



Really though. Appreciate EVERYTHING and EVERYONE in your life. You don't realize how much other people do for you until they aren't there to do it.. When I was younger I hardly ever said thank you. I would remember to say it after everyone else had said it, or when something big was done for me.. But I never said it enough. One day, my Padre got sooo mad at me. Well, not just me, but my family. He was mad that we weren't thankful enough for what he did. WHICH WAS A LOT. Since then, I honestly notice the small things that everyone does. I try to say thank you as often as possible. I notice also when people do not say thank you! I mean- not trying to sound like a raunch, but when I hold the door open for a course of 20 people, and not one of them says thank you- I want to friggin' scream!! I feel like.. Are you kidding me? I didn't have to do that for you! I know its a simple thing, and I shouldn't be mad but it makes me frustrated. SAY THANK YOU! Have gratitude for what is around you! 
Yesterday in seminary, we talked about gratitude. I don't know if any of you out there reading this are LDS, but you don't have to be to appreciate what your surrounded by.. Honestly, look out the window. The world we live in is so beautiful. We have access to so many things.. We don't have to worry about where our next meal will come from. We don't have to worry about clean water, or electricity. We are given so much. It infuriates me that people don't appreciate the immaculate amount of blessings they have. There is a bottomless list of blessings that each and everyone of us could write!
Even if life doesn't treat you the way you would like, there is still so much to be thankful for. 
Try your hardest to find the small things in your everyday life to be thankful for.
--What if the things you weren't thankful for today, were gone the next?  

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with everything you say here. People don't see that your doing something that you really don't have to your just trying to be nice. Like just a second ago when Carlos didn't say thank you after I gave him the list of websites, that situation just made me realize that I say thank you way too much and everyone else does not say it enough.

    ReplyDelete