Just keep swimming..
I know I sound like a broken record. I keep encouraging the same things. To live, laugh, love, and be grateful for everything. To not let yourself get down.. yadda yadda.
But SERIOUSLY!
I have a hard time getting through things if I can't constantly tell myself that I am strong enough to do it. So.... That is what I am going to do. Refuse To Sink. I have been trying very hard lately to really accept myself. To love who I am and not allow myself to get down as much as I do. I hate that we are our own greatest critics.. To outside eyes we are beautiful. But to ourselves- there is always a place to improve. I am tired of feeling that way! I want to love me for me.. I was just thinking the other day that I wanted to get an old pair of pants and write all my insecurities on them. I know that sounds a bit dramatic, but I feel like if I do this- its almost as if I am embracing it. I would take this pair of pants and write thunder thighs, cankles, fat, gross, not enough, weird, dumb, etc, etc, which- in a form I am taking the words out of myself so I don't have to think them anymore. This way... I allow myself to float. To love myself, no matter my imperfections. Because that makes me who I am.
I challenge whomever is reading this to do something to that extent. Create something that will allow yourself to extract those hurtful words from your body. Life is hard enough as it is without our own critical input. Write out your self hatred, or the things you'd like to change, and get rid of them. Put them away from yourself.
Allow yourself to float.. Don't be so hard on yourself! When life gets you down- which it most definitely will-
REFUSE TO SINK.

Very good philosophy you have posted here.
ReplyDeleteWow. you are a very good bloger
ReplyDelete